How to Tell if You Need an Auto Repair Appointment in Clarkston, MI
How can you tell if it is time to take your vehicle in for an auto repair appointment? There are a variety of signs that might indicate that something is wrong with your car. But, you don’t need to wait until something goes wrong before you schedule an appointment. In addition to unexpected auto repairs, you should also make it a point to take your car in for regular inspections and maintenance tasks.
At Holly Tire & Auto Service, Inc., we offer high-quality auto repair in Clarkston, MI, and the surrounding areas. Our team has worked hard to show our customers that we care. We want to maintain our great reputation by always offering top-notch auto repair for every vehicle that comes into our shop.
By providing a variety of services and a fast turnaround time, we make it simple for you to keep up with repairs and maintenance work on your car. If you need help, then call the auto repair experts for more information.
Why You Need to Stay Current with Recommended Maintenance
Is it necessary to take your car in for an oil change several times a year? This task might seem like a burden, but a little bit of your time can go a long way to help you maintain a high-quality car. Over time, regular wear and tear can take a toll on your vehicle. Even if you are careful about the care of your car, you will still need the services of a mechanic at some point.
The recommended maintenance tasks are designed to be a proactive approach to protecting the quality of your car. Instead of waiting until something goes wrong, you need to make it a point to stay ahead of the curve with your maintenance schedule. These tasks will protect the major systems in your car, helping to extend the life of the vehicle.
When do you need a maintenance appointment for your car? There isn’t a black-and-white answer to this question because the maintenance schedule varies depending on your driving habits and the type of car. If you spend a lot of time behind the wheel, then these maintenance tasks will be needed more often. Many of these maintenance tasks are based on the mileage of the car, but some are based on a calendar schedule.
Warning Signs that something is Wrong with Your Car
Over time, there are certain parts of the car that might need to be replaced. Keeping up with the maintenance schedule can reduce the likelihood of a breakdown on the side of the road. But, there is no way to eliminate wear and tear when you are driving. It is important that you keep up with the maintenance schedule. Also, pay attention to the way your car is driving to see if there is anything that seems to be wrong with the vehicle.
If you want to protect your investment in the car, then you need to be watching for these warning signs:
- Pedal Problems: When you press on the gas or brakes, does the car respond in the way that it normally responds? If the pedal feels too stiff or spongy, then something might be wrong. Another big warning sign is a delayed response when you press down on the pedal.
- Erosion: Look under the hood and see if you can find any visible erosion. Sometimes, erosion will build up on the battery or spark plugs and have a negative impact on the performance of the vehicle. If you want to maintain an efficient car, then you need to take care of the erosion as soon as possible.
- Noises: How does the car sound when you are driving? Unusual sounds can be an indication that parts are rubbing together, or something needs to be adjusted. Don’t turn up the radio and ignore the sound! Instead, you need to call an auto repair expert in Clarkston, MI.
- Jerking or Pulling: If you are trying to drive down a straight road, do you notice that the car tends to pull to one side? Or maybe there is a jerking sensation when the gears are shifting. These signs could indicate a problem with the alignment or transmission. Address these problems immediately to prevent additional damage to the car.
- Illuminated Dashboard Lights: When the dash lights come on, then the car is helping you know that something needs to be fixed. Check the light and take the vehicle in for diagnostics to identify the problem.
Just because there is a small warning sign that something needs to be repaired on your car, doesn’t mean that you are facing a big repair bill. These repairs can help you maintain the quality of the car so that you aren’t dealing with big issues in the future.
When it is time for auto repair services, call Holly Tire & Auto Service, Inc. You are welcome to drop your vehicle by our shop at 15140 N Holly Rd, Holly, MI 48442. Call us anytime for more information about the services that we offer: (248) 634-9011